Thursday, July 16, 2015

Prime Day And the Mostly Free Laptop

Image: www.facebook.com/Amazon
I love Amazon, mostly because it lets me shop from the comfort of my own home. Thanks to programs like Swagbucks and MPoints, I usually have a store of Amazon gift cards. A while ago I decided I was going to save all the gift cards I earned in order to buy a new laptop.

My laptop sadly died on me. For the first couple years I worked at home, I just used my laptop. Using it for that and other stuff didn't help it at all. I got my desktop about a year ago, but last thing I want to do after work is sit at that computer in my office.

I've been saving up for a couple of months now, and getting pretty close to having enough in gift cards. But then Amazon announced Prime Day, claiming it would be bigger than Black Friday. I already had Prime, so I had hoped to score a laptop.

Prime Day was pretty much a joke. I attempted to get a laptop, but it sold out in a second. The only thing I did get was a Ninjago Zane clock for Emily.

But I did decide that I was sick of waiting to get enough gift cards and asked Todd to find me a decent computer. He did find me one and it will arrive tomorrow. Most of that cost was covered by the gift cards.

From social media yesterday, looks like a lot of people are unhappy with Amazon. I still love Amazon because I wasn't honestly thinking I'd get a great deal on Prime Day. It was kind of like Black Friday - you go to the store and all the good stuff is gone!

For me, it was a good day. Emily is getting a cool clock, I'm getting a laptop and even Todd is getting something, a video game!

No comments:

Post a Comment