Saturday, November 11, 2017

Michigan Trip - The Long Journey Home

Image: cre8tivecookie.blogspot.com
This is the last post in my Michigan trip report! To start from the beginning, click here!

Todd and I got up bright and early to pack up the car. My mother in law was a bit afraid that Emily would have a hard time with us leaving. I snuggled her a little before we left but honestly it was probably harder for me than it was with her. She knew her cousins would be over to play later and of course, cousins are more fun than mom and dad.

After we said our good-byes, we got in the car. Todd started driving because he knows the fastest ways to get out of the Thumb. We stopped at the mall in Bay City. They had an FYE that was having a really great sale on geeky stuff. We got a few things and then headed back on the road.

Todd took the back way into Saginaw and we stopped by 7-11 to get slurpees. Because I was still very tired and because usually Coke in slurpee form didn't bother me as much, I got a Coke slurpee. This ended up being a very bad idea.

It was my turn to drive and I drove aways before the pain levels got super high again. I managed to drive a while longer until it got too bad and I had to have Todd take over. I felt bad but he said he felt fine and preferred to drive anyway.

I slept a little and then I stayed awake the rest of the way home. The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful and we were both very happy to get home.

It was a good trip to Michigan to see family even though it was utterly exhausting. Hopefully next year, it won't be so tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment