Friday, January 19, 2018

Dragon Con 2017 - Sunday!

Alton Brown!
This is the last post in my Dragon Con 2017 recap! To start from the beginning, click here!

Sunday is generally my favorite day at Dragon Con. It's a bit less crowded but still there is a full day's worth of stuff going on. We got down to the con and went to the dealer's room. I hung out at the BPAL booth for a while, just chatting with friends. I got to meet my friend Jodi in person for the first time - it was awesome!

After getting some food in the con suite, I went to wait for the Alton Brown panel. I got there over an hour beforehand and the disability area was full to the brim. I did get a seat to wait and Todd opted to skip the panel and head off somewhere more quiet.

The panel was awesome, especially since it was announced that Good Eats was coming back. I love that show and I'm excited to see new episodes. I did slip out of the panel early because I wanted to do the panel right after which was a Doctor Who panel. The disability area was jam packed again and this time I didn't get a seat to wait.

After the Alton Brown panel let out, we were funneled into the room. I got a seat on the end of a row. The panel was the Pond Family Reunion - sadly the actor who played Rory had to leave the con early so it was just Karen Gilliam and Alex Kingston. They were highly entertaining though and it was a great panel.

From there, we headed back to my aunt and uncle's house. We hung out with them and my dad. The next morning, my dad took us out to iHop before we got on the road. The trip home was uneventful and we were happy to be home. Dragon Con was a great time for us as usual and we are looking forward to going again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment