Friday, January 5, 2018

Dragon Con 2017 - Friday!

This is the 2nd post in my Dragon Con 2017 recap! To start from the beginning, click here!

Friday dawned very rainy but I still put on my very white Princess Leia costume because I had a photoshoot. Todd and I headed down to Atlanta fairly early and got some breakfast at the food court.

While we were eating, I saw from several people I know on social media that the dealer's room was doing a soft opening several hours early. We headed over there, and we got soaked! Thankfully, I had some clothes underneath my costume so I wasn't indecent. Plus my dress dried quickly.

There was a soft opening of the dealer's room and we were let in not long after we got there. The place was so empty it was great! I found the BPAL booth and got all the things I had promised to pick up for people. It was a good thing I did because one of the Dragon Con exclusive hair glosses actually sold out within an hour of the scheduled opening of the dealer's room.

After shopping a bit more, I left Todd and headed over to the Westin for the Princess Leia photo shoot. Someone had the idea to have this photo shoot the day Carrie Fisher died, and it was a
wonderful time. I didn't end up staying the whole time though - the pictures ended up great!

I went back to the dealer's room for a bit and talked to some friends. Then I went to the Marriott  because I was on back to back panels for the Kaleidoscope Track. A massive panel was getting out the same time I was trying to get to my panel and it was wall to wall people. Finally I did make it to the Kaleidoscope Track room.

The first panel was Cut the Cable, which we did years ago. It was a fun panel! The 2nd was Beauty and the Beast - Animation vs. Live Action. The room was pretty full and we had a lot of audience participation too. I love doing panels for the Kaleidoscope Track - it's a lot of fun!

From there, I met up with Todd at the Walk of Fame. I got my picture with Josh Segarra who was the villain Prometheus who was super nice! After that, I waited for the Arrow panel, very thankful to have seat to wait in the disability section. The panel was great and I met with Todd at the food court once it was over.

We headed back to my aunt and uncle's house and my dad had arrived. He had come down for the weekend to spend it with Emily (mostly her, my aunt and uncle too since my uncle is his brother). We hung out for a bit before heading to bed.

Up Next - Dragon Con - Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment