Tuesday, May 27, 2014

First Time Camping

The weekend before Memorial Day weekend my in-laws came to town. They generally don't stay with us because my MIL is allergic to our cats. Last first they just got a hotel room but this time they decided to rent a cabin at a nearby rv park.

Both Todd and I camped quite a bit when we were younger and we have talked about getting tents and going camping. He thought Emily was too young though and that she'd pitch herself in the fire. So when my in-laws came down, Emily got to experience her first camping trip.

The weather was oddly cold for the end of May, but she had a good time anyway. She stayed over a couple of nights, which was nice since Todd and I got to have a date night. We went to see Godzilla. And of course, gave Emily time to spend with her grandparents.

One of the highlights for Emily was making s'mores. She also had a good time putting twigs in the fire - and she didn't pitch herself in. There was also a small playground she liked going to. The pool looked nice but it was much too cold to swim.

It was a nice introduction to camping for Emily. Hopefully we'll be able to get a tent (and maybe a pop-up in the future because I'm not a fan of tent camping) and be able to have our own camping adventures like Todd and I had as kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment