Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pre-K Graduation!

Emily is a part of the class of 2014. No, she's not a wonder child. She just graduated from preschool!

When I was small, I remember donning a white cap and gown to graduate from Kindergarten. I figured Emily would graduate then, but she got to graduate this year since she completed preschool.

The ceremony wasn't focused so much on graduating but since Emily went to the preschool at our church, it was a blessing.

The kids came out and sang some songs. Then they all got to come up to a podium to get their diploma. They also each got to say what they liked best about preschool. Emily said she liked playing outside. She came to sit with us as we sang a hymn and then all the kids went up to the altar with their parents laying their hands on them as we prayed.

It was a short ceremony but it was nice. And I admit that I got a little teary-eyed because my baby is growing up!

Though we will get to do it again next year since she is still going to go to the school at our church since they go until Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment