Saturday, September 6, 2014

Dragon Con 2014 - Thursday

Image: https://www.facebook.com/lifesouth
Here is the first post of my Dragon Con recaps for 2014!

For the first time in two years, I've had the Thursday of Dragon Con off from work. Since the lines on Thursday for picking up pre-reg badges have been traditionally long, Todd wanted to get down to the con as soon as possible.

We packed up and were on the road early. I didn't wear a costume on Thursday but I did put my Rainbow Dash pony ear clips in my hair - my friend Jennie made them for her daughter's birthday party and I love them because they are super cute.

I'm lucky enough to have an aunt and uncle who live outside of Atlanta. They let us stay with them and they watch Emily who is still too small to attend Dragon Con. We got to their house around noon and dropped Emily off. My aunt was watching one of my cousin's kids, so Emily had someone to play with it.

Todd and I headed downtown. After a quick train ride on Marta, we walked over to the Sheraton to get our badges. We were pretty shocked when it took all of five minutes to get our badge. After years and years of long pre-reg lines, Dragon Con finally got a system that works great.

After we got our badges, I went to give blood. I give blood every year at Dragon Con. Todd doesn't like needles, so he never gives blood. It took a long time to give this year. The longest wait was to do the physical to get cleared to give blood.

Once I was done, we were pretty hungry so we went to the food court to get some lunch. Then we headed back to my aunt and uncle's house. I wanted to make sure to get a good night's sleep because I was going to be running in the morning.

It was funny - even with the wait to give blood, we were done with all our Thursday stuff before we would usually even get down to GA. But this year we got back to my aunt and uncle's house at a decent time and got to hang out with them for a bit.

Next up - Friday and the Run of Death!

No comments:

Post a Comment