Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fletcher Family Festival

Last Saturday, our local park had a festival. It was in honor of the town of Fletcher's 25th birthday. Since I had seen that they were going to have bounce houses and games, I decided to take Emily.
We got there right at 4:30, and Emily bee lined to the bounce houses. She loves to bounce and go down the big slide. We did go to the games after a while, and she liked getting treats and little prizes.

They had treats of snow cones and popcorn for free. And they had some tents with locals vendors / organizations. Emily got to play lacrosse and we got more goodies. I had luckily thought to bring a big bag with me to stash all our stuff in.

There was a booth that a church had setup and they had a drawing for several prize packs. I signed up and shockingly, I got a call after the bounce houses and games were done that I had won one!

Emily were still at the park because she wanted to see the fireworks. The prize pack we got was perfect for her - it had play dough, coloring book, crayons, a game and a ball. We listened to the live music and played with the ball until it was time for the fireworks to start.

Even though we went to Disney World last year, Emily got tuckered out well before the fireworks started. The only fireworks I saw were at the Halloween party I went to by myself. 

She was nervous because she knew it was going to be loud but she was excited too. I had to hold my hands on her ears through most the show, but she loved it. It was pretty good and it was fun to see the mountains as a backdrop for the fireworks.

It was a great time and hopefully they will do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment