Friday, February 27, 2015

Rest in Peace Mr. Spock

When I was a teenager, I got very interested in Star Trek. It was when Star Trek: The Next Generation was on the air. I started with TNG but my love of Star Trek got me into exploring the original series. I quickly fell in love with that.

While McCoy is my all time favorite Star Trek character, Leonard Nimoy's Spock was always really fun to watch. I loved seeing him in the movies, especially in the first Star Trek reboot. The scene with him and Zachary Quinto is just awesome.

Today I was just working and surfing on Facebook when my feed exploded with the news that Leonard Nimoy had passed away. I knew had been sick and in the hospital, but it felt like a punch to the gut. I'm sure many other Star Trek fans are feeling the same way.

I'm feeling very sad, but also feeling lucky to have enjoyed his work for all these years. I'm also feeling extremely lucky that I got to meet him a few years ago at Dragon Con. His line was very long so he didn't have a lot of time to give each person but he was very nice and kind to Todd and I. It was a great experience. 

Like I did when Gene Roddenberry  passed away, I will be spending my afternoon watching Star Trek movies. I'll probably start with The Wrath of Khan and then the Search for Spock while I try not to cry too much. 

LLAP

No comments:

Post a Comment