Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Walking for MS

This past Sunday was my town's Walk MS event. Besides the walk, there was a Wellness Fair, an auction plus food trucks!

We got there around the time the Wellness Fair was getting underway. I got signed in and got my bag of stuff including my t-shirt for raising enough money. We walked around the fair and looked at all the booths.

Lots of swag was being given away so that made Emily very happy. We got water bottles, stress balls (one shaped like a brain), stickers, candy, bags and other stuff. They also had a balloon artist who made Emily a balloon magic wand!

There was Princesses who were doing face painting too plus a really creepy looking Mickey Mouse. I got my face painted and Emily, who is weird about stuff on her face, got a Hello Kitty painted on her arm.

We ate some ice cream from the Hop even though it was super windy out which made it feel cold especially in the shade. We took all the goodies to the car and got ready to walk!

Originally I was just going to walk, but at the last minute Emily decided she wanted to walk so Todd felt like he needed to walk with us. We got them signed up quickly and headed off.

The walk part was a bit odd. There were some signs on how to go and then we just ended up on the walking track that goes around the park. But we were in the front, and there was no discernible end which made it very anti-climatic.

But all in all, it was a fun day and we got to support a cause that is close to my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment