Tuesday, March 29, 2016

WalkMS 2016

Image: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/
Easter being early this year has thrown everything off for me this year. To the point that I completely forgot that the WalkMS 5K was this Sunday. I "walked" last year - meaning I did the fundraising but the day of the walk it was storming really bad out that they canceled the actual walk.

This year the forecast looks much better so I should be able to walk this year. And I'm looking to it because I was really disappointed that I didn't get to walk last year.

Todd was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis a few years ago and it was very scary for all of us. Todd actually changed his whole diet and that helped a lot. Right now, he's not having any issues in regards to his MS but they will most certainly change as he ages.

Todd's aunt and my cousin Gary also have MS. So I have a lot of reasons to walk for this cause! I'd love to see a cure for this.

If you'd like to donate, here's my link. If you feel so moved you can also share this post as well. And if you are local and want to come cheer me on, the walk is at Fletcher Community Park on Sunday at 2 pm. The Wellness Fair starts at 1 pm. The fair was really great last year and I got a lot of cool stuff as well as information both for Todd and things that could be applied to my own issues as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment