Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lent and Soda

Image: www.gianteagle.com
I'm Lutheran and for us, it's not required we give something up for Lent. Over the years, I've sometimes given things up but most of the time I don't. But this year, I originally decided to give up soda. Right before Ash Wednesday (which is the start of Lent), I decided to also give up fast food because I was eating far too much of it.

It's been a big pain in the butt - which I suppose is the point. It's not worth giving something up if you don't suffer a little bit without it.

The fast food part isn't a huge deal. I miss it but not like how I miss soda. Oh soda, I wish I could drink you up!

Especially this week, I've been really wanting Vernor's badly. I caught a bug and I've been very nauseous all week. This also gave me a pretty bad migraine because my body hates me. I've been mostly drinking water and V8 Strawberry Lemonade (which I water down because it's too sweet on it's own).

But I can't have water when I'm sick to my stomach, and the lemonade isn't great either. But I will be strong! I will not drink soda or eat fast food until Easter! And even after that, I'm hoping to eat / drink much less of both.

Jesus suffered and died to wash away my sins. Least I can do is give up on a few conveniences for those 40 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment