Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Low Key Birthday

Yesterday was the day of my birth. Even though I'm pushing 40, I still like my birthday quite a bit.

I was a little bummed because we canceled our plans for this weekend but I still have the cold that never seems to end so it's probably good we aren't going out of town.

Instead we did some things around town. First we went out to dinner at one of our favorite Chinese places and had yummy, yummy sushi. After that, we headed into Asheville to go to the Hop.

Emily and I used to go to the Hop all the time when she was a baby for a meeting with other moms. I hadn't been there in years but it was still the same. We had some ice cream and Emily played in the kid's section
until it was time for the Multiverse's Game Night.

The Multiverse is the local geek group. Because of Todd working 2nd shift and me being on Emily duty, I hadn't been to any of the meetups yet. But we decided to give it a try last night.

They had videos set up as well as board games. It was themed to the 80's so it was a lot of old school games. Emily and I played an old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game with a little boy and his dad - it was a ton of fun!

Once we got home, I got Emily to bed. I sat down and watched some of Iron Man 3, but I was beat so I went to bed early.

It was low-key but fun. I got a lovely present from a Bpal friend of mine that had BPAL, a travel mug, notebook and other things. I also got a card and Saving Mr. Banks from Emily and Todd.

Here I come, year 37! Here's hoping it will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment