Monday, March 31, 2014

Literal...

Image: http://charlotteheadachecenter.com/
As I've mentioned before, I suffer from daily chronic headaches. They get migraine bad often, and I'm not just talking about higher pain levels. I get auras that give me vision problems, I have a hard time thinking clearly and I tend to take things very literally.

It took me a while to realize I was being so literal. I did it this morning without thinking about it at work, but I did realize after a moment that the person I was talking to was being sarcastic. It's a very interesting side effect to my migraines.

When my pain levels go up, I feel my intelligence slipping down. I can't brain today is a fact of life for me some days. I think because of the intense pain, my higher brain functions will short out a bit.

So if I take something you say either in person or online literally, it's probably because my brain isn't working correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment