Thursday, December 5, 2013

Living Under Blankets

A few months ago there was an article on The Onion about a girl who was going to stay underneath her blanket for the next five months. Since it was The Onion, it of course wasn’t true. But I really do spend my life under blankets.

I’m cold a lot and my husband is warm most of the time. Since it’s easier for me to cover up, we keep our house at a comfortable temperature for him and Emily. Because of this, I spend a lot of time underneath different blankets.

I work from home, so I have a blanket that stays in my office that I have on my lap while I’m working. I also have a space heater in my office because it’s the coldest room in the house. I also have a couple of blankets in the living room. One for the chair and another for the couch so I can have a blanket no matter where I sit. Then, of course, I have several blankets in the bedroom.

I like blankets because they keep me warm. It also gives me a place to keep all my cross stitch things in one place when I’m working on a project. Plus it’s always good to keep our heating bills down.

Emily also loves her blankets – she sleeps with a bunch though most have fallen on the floor by morning. My husband uses blankets least of all of us, but still likes it for the living room in the wintertime.

Blankets are good, especially in the cold of winter!

1 comment: