Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Uncomfortable Flashbacks

Me at the horror con
Todd and I are big horror fans. We found a horror convention in Charlotte earlier thisyear which had Bruce Campbell as a guest. We had such a good time that we are planning on going again next year. They have started announcing guests so we decided to watch The Lords Of Salem last night because some of the guests are in it.

Rob Zombie movies tend to be hit or miss for me. This one started out okay and had a lot of potential, but the end was really weird and bad. But the movie made me increasingly more uncomfortable to watch as the main character started to see things that weren’t there.

A few years ago, I got very sick. I lost two days that I don’t remember at all. Todd says that I was awake and seeing people that were all white. When I do start remembering, I would see things that weren’t there out of my right side. It was vague shapes and I ended up in the hospital for five days thanks to a mass in my brain.

I recovered, though it took months. Finally I was back to normal but the doctors didn’t know what happened or why I had this mass in my brain. They just knew it wasn’t cancer because it got smaller. It was the most frightening thing that has ever happened to me so I was really uncomfortable watching the character in the movie going through something a little similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment