Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Problem With April 1st

I've never been a fan of April Fools Day. I don't like pranks because they can become cruel. I generally just lay low and wait for April 2nd to roll around.

The internet has put a spin on this holiday though. Some things, like today's Google Maps Pokemon Hunt is cute and fun. But the spoof news bits have kind of gotten out of control.

The rumor that Netflix is going to make new episodes of Firefly is making the rounds again. It's hard to believe anything that is announced today. Some of them are easy to spot, but others aren't. It gets annoying after a while.

It can also be hard on people - for instance some people will post that they are pregnant but just be joking. I've not had losses or infertility issues but people I'm close to have and I know it hurts them a lot.

I might be a scrooge but I'm just not into it. I'll be happier when it's tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment