Saturday, July 6, 2013

Cosplay Plans - Dragon*Con and Beyond

I've always loved costumes since I was a child. I got really into cosplaying for conventions when I was in college. I’m not the best at sewing, but I still manage to make and get some interesting costumes.

I usually go to a few conventions a year. We always go to Dragon*Con in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend. I plan on wearing three costumes over the course of that con.

Friday, I think I’m going to wear my American McGee’s Alice costume. It’s a costume I bought to wear to Mad Monster Party this past March and it’s a lot of fun to wear.
American McGee's Alice
Saturday is parade day, so I’ll be in my Kaylee costume. I’ll be wearing the blue jacket that Kaylee wears in the pilot of Firefly. I would love to be in my Kaylee Layer Cake dress, but it’s falling apart and I just don’t have the time to fix it before Dragon*Con.
Kaylee
Sunday, I’ll be in my Snow White costume. It was a lot of fun to wear last year because the little kids at the con loved it. I just need to take the velvet sleeves off because it gets way too hot in downtown Atlanta at the end of summer.
Snow Whites

After Dragon*Con, we will be heading to Disney World for Emily’s 5th birthday trip. Disney has Halloween party that I’ll be attending solo because Todd doesn't think Emily would stay awake to get our money’s worth out of. For that party, I’m going to be wearing my Petit Charat costume. I wanted to stay away from Disney costumes and I wanted something I wouldn't roast in. I want to go on the rides, and I should be able to fit easily on the rides, even with a tail.
Petit Charat
I’m not sure if I’ll dress up for Halloween. I didn't last year because I was a bit costumed out. If Emily wants me to, we may both dress up like Snow White.

For next year, I hope to have the time to be able to re-make my Kaylee Layer Cake dress. We are already planning on attending Mad Monster Party in March. Emily wants to come with us, and wants to cosplay. She requested that she and I dress up like witches, while Todd dresses like a monster. But Todd had a great idea. He suggested that Emily dress up in a clown outfit like the little girl in Halloween 4 and Todd could dress as Michael Myers. We actually have a picture of both in our hallway and when Emily saw it she wanted to do it. So I’ll be looking for clown costumes this Halloween.


I do have a sewing machine and I hope to be able to learn how to use it. Once I do, I’ll be able to make even more costumes for both me and Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment