Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Second Trip to Walt Disney World

Epcot - December 1993
This is the 2nd post in my series of Disney trips I've taken in the past. You can read part one here!

When I was 16 years old, my parents decided we were going to go back to Disney World. It was a little last minute, only a month or two before we went. And they decided to go the busiest week of the whole year – the week between Christmas and New Year’s.

Now I didn't realize that this week was the busiest week of the year until I started doing research for my Disney honeymoon. I don’t remember it being that busy but it was crowded.

We drove down from Michigan on Christmas Day. The only thing I really remember from the drive was that we stopped at an IHOP to eat. It was the only thing open so it was very crowded. We got to our hotel later on Christmas Day.

During the trip we went to all three parks that were open at that time. Disney-MGM Studios (now Disney’s Hollywood Studios) had only been open for 4 years at that point. I loved MGM, especially Star Tours since I had always been a Star Wars fan. I do remember wanting to eat at the Sci-Fi Diner and being disappointed because we didn't eat at any table service restaurants the whole trip.

Once we left, I wanted to go back. My lifelong love of Walt Disney World was cemented with that trip. My college best friend and I talked about taking a trip down to the World, but being poor college students it didn't happen. It would be13 years before I would step foot into my favorite place again for my Disney Honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment