Friday, July 5, 2013

The Headbutt of Doom

My beautiful, pain-causing child
I have a four year old daughter who tends to be a little rambunctious. This is pretty normal for kids her age, but I'm not a normal mommy.

Last night, I was laying in bed and reading a book. Todd and Emily came in to check on me because my pain levels had been a little high because of the thunderstorms we'd been having. Emily climbed into the bed, launched herself at me and her hard, little head collided with mine.

The pain level jumped up to migraine levels. When I have a migraine, it's not just about the pain it's about the auras and my brain feeling fuzzy. I feel much stupider when I have a migraine because my brain just doesn't work as well.

Emily knew what she had done right away and started crying. I snuggled her and told her it was okay. And while my pain levels were through the roof, it was just an accident.We stayed in the bedroom and played some video games until I was time for her to go to bed. Thankfully, Todd did most of the bedtime routine so I could stay seated.

Just before bed, Emily gave me her Captain America doll. She wanted to make sure I had someone else to
snuggle with. I already have two stuffed animals that are mine. My Pooh Bear from when I was a child and Chronic Pain Bear, who was another gift from Emily.

I spent the rest of the evening in bed, reading on my Kindle. Todd would check on me every once in a while. I'm feeling a little better this morning but the pain is still pretty high. I'm muddling my way through my work shift and feeling very thankful that I work from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment