Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Really Liked Sleepy Hollow - So It's Doomed

Image: https://www.facebook.com/SleepyHollow
Last night, Todd and I watched the series premiere of Sleepy Hallow. I've always been interested in the Sleepy Hallow legend since I saw the Disney cartoon version as a kid. I was really excited to see this new show and it didn’t disappoint.

The story was solid, the characters were interesting and Ichabod came off as a fish out of water without being cheesy about it. I’m looking forward to seeing the next episode. But because I like it so much, it’s probably doomed.

I’ve had a history of really liking shows from the pilot and then that show only lasting one season. Especially when Fox is involved, which is the network Sleepy Hallow was on. When I was in high school, I loved a show called Earth 2. It was a sci fi show that followed a group of people who were looking for a new Earth because their kids were sick from living on space stations. It was excellent but it was canceled after only 22 episodes.

A few years later, Firefly came along and that story is pretty well known. I’ve been a Browncoat from the beginning since I started with the pilot they showed, The Train Job. At least with Firefly, the fandom is still going strong and there was a movie.


But I don’t have a great track record with liking shows from the beginning and having them last. I hope Sleepy Hallow will break the curse (especially since it’s on Fox) since it looks like it will get very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment