Friday, September 20, 2013

Our Talk Like a Pirate Day Adventure

Last year, Krispy Kreme had a promotion where if you came in and talked like a pirate on September 19th, you'd get a free doughnut. If you dressed up like a pirate, you got a free dozen doughnuts. I checked a few days ago, and they were doing the promotion again this year.

Once I got off of work yesterday, I got dressed in my costume. I wore my Ren  Faire costume plus a bandanna and my Mickey Pirate Ears, since this year they were requiring that you have at least three pieces of pirate gear on. Since Emily likes dressing up too, she wore her pirate dress up vest. Todd came with us, but he  didn't have any pirate attire.

Emily was very excited to get her doughnut. She went up to the cashier and said "Argh, may I have a doughnut please.". The lady got our doughnuts and we sat down to eat them. Todd opted to just buy some fancy doughnuts including a couple that were decorated just for Talk Like a Pirate Day.

It was fun and the doughnuts had just come out of the oven so they tasted so good. I don't know of any other businesses that do Talk Like a Pirate Day promotions, but I'm really glad that Krispy Kreme does one.

No comments:

Post a Comment