Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fencing – A Very Geeky Way to Exercise

Image: http://m.core77.com
When I was in college, I had to take a physical education class in order to get my degree. There were many options that I could have chosen, but I jumped at the chance to take fencing. I quickly fell in the love with the sport, even taking it for a second semester just for fun.
Fencing class started out a little slow as we spent a lot of time practicing the en garde position. But once we mastered that we got into the fun stuff, which was attacking each other with our foils. It was so much fun because it was like living inside a fantasy movie but it was a great work out too. Once I was out of college, I didn't get to fence again though I did keep my equipment for years in hopes of finding another chance to fence.
If you want to see how cool fencing looks when done correctly, there is a video that shows it here. You can also go to the USA Fencing website to see if there are any fencing clubs in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment