Friday, August 9, 2013

Mommy Spider Sense

Emily wasn't a very good sleeper when she was younger. It took a long time for her to be able to sleep through the night. I would wake up whenever she did so I spend a good couple of years really sleep deprived.

She’s nearly five now, and has been sleeping well in her own room for a couple of years. She generally doesn't get up at all unless she has a nightmare or needs to go to the bathroom. Todd is the night owl in the family, so he generally takes care of any nighttime issues.

I was in the middle of a dead sleep in the middle of the night last night when I thought I heard Emily’s door open. It seemed like it was partly in a dream but it bothered me enough that I got up and checked on her. Sure enough, she was awake and upset because she had had a potty accident.

Todd was dozing in the chair as he does nearly every night and hadn't heard a thing. He woke up and we got her calmed down and into clean clothes. He ended up taking over and getting her tucked back in so I could go back to bed since I work early in the morning.


Even though it’s not often anymore, I’m glad I still have my mommy senses from when she was a baby. She was half asleep and really upset when I went into her room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment