Monday, June 30, 2014

Businesses > Women

Image: Wikipedia.com
I'm sure everyone has heard at this point that the Supreme Court has ruled that Hobby Lobby and other businesses don't have to cover birth control on religious grounds.

Now I'm a Christian, but I'm also a woman who uses birth control And this decision is just another way this country is telling women we are inferior creatures, which of course, is bullshit.

A woman is a human being with a mind. I think all women can decide if birth control, having a bunch of babies, having an abortion is best for them. I use birth control because I don't think my body could handle another pregnancy because of my chronic pain issues. And with a husband who has MS, it's not a good idea for us to bring another life into this world that we might not be able to care for.

People of all different beliefs make up this country and I wish that the government tried to have the best interests of all people in mind. But the Supreme Court seems to think the right of businesses trump the rights of women.

I am disgusted by this and I will be boycotting Hobby Lobby and any other business that tries to oppress their employees' in the name of religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment